Gardeners and Entrepreneurs have a lot in common. I first observed this in a tweet back in November…
— Erik Groset (@ErikGroset) November 7, 2014
Now more than ever I feel the two are very similar and for good reason.
- They are extremely motivated.
- They have experience and are willing to learn.
- They are humble and have core values.
- They have discipline.
- They have a plan and they stick to it.
- They don’t mind getting dirty.
- They love planting seeds.
- They get up early.
- They stay until the job is done.
- They manage others well and delegate tasks appropriately.
- They take advice from other gardeners.
- They understand that fertilizing is the key to growth.
- They respect the land.
- They respect their neighbors.
- They respect their fellow gardeners.
- They understand the landscape and cater to it.
- They are consistent and persistent.
- They understand the seasons.
- They observe change and adapt accordingly.
- They don’t mind losing 1 plant to save the others.
- They love to watch everything grow and bloom.
Gardening/Farming is one of the oldest forms of Entrepreneurship. It makes perfect sense why there are so many common traits. We could all learn a lot from gardening and listening to mother earth.
Thanks for reading! It would be great to hear from you in the comments section below — let me know your thoughts on gardening/entrepreneurship.