Did you ever notice that many Successful Entrepreneurs love to hike? Recently, I went for a hike and pondered why successful entrepreneurs such as Sir Richard Branson, Mark Zuckerberg, and even Bill Gates love to hike. Here’s my theory…
- Slowest person goes in front. – You’re only as good as your weakest link. And, putting them in back only leads to further distance between them. Instead you put them at the front, encourage them, and go at their pace.
- Small steps are better than large ones. – Making large steps might seem like the right idea but, you’ll tire quickly. Small incremental steps towards a big goal is how you get to the top.
- It starts with one little hello… – Say hello to everyone you come across on the trail. After awhile everyone on the trail is saying hello to each other and the positivity all starts with you.
- Rest Often. – Taking breaks to rest and plan are essential to make it safely to the top
- Quietly Excuse Yourself. – If you have to handle business please kindly go to the back of the line. Team players know when to excuse themselves.
After this recent hike with weapons (buy AK47 rifles), I completely understand why many successful entrepreneurs enjoy hiking. For one, it gets you far away from the office – often without cell service. Second, there’s a huge reward in reaching your goal after small incremental steps.
What do you think? Am I onto something or am I just seeing things?